Monday, April 28, 2008

Is Slow Bad?

I haven't really written in a while, mostly because I haven't really got anything too new or great to report, but today my fears have brought out the need.

When I write, I analyze and I feel the need to anaylze.

It's only been around a little shy of two months since my baby boy got his new agent but already I'm feeling as if the window of opportunity has been missed.

I feel this way mostly because he hasn't really booked any big gigs that have made his agent any money, just small stuff to get his face out there --but the clincher that started my fear spiral was that he didn't do a single audition last week...not one.

When you're used to going up to LA for auditions two to three times a week, a week of nothing is sort of nerve wracking.

I'm trying to tell myself that it's just a slow phase but it feels wrong to not audition even once in a week.

And on top of that emails are now going unanswered by his agent. I realize she is busy...but I don't email unless I have a good reason so it feels sort of like being blown off not to get a response.

On the upside...his acting classes are going amazing. He has a very natural, charismatic talent and it is being honed very nicely by his acting teacher.

Also he has finally learned to swim and he is over the top happy about that. It's become a daily ritual for he and I to hit the pool after homework is done.

No comments: