Monday, February 11, 2008

Picture Input - Money Outpour

Who knew that being unemployed could be so hard.

I've always had a "it will work out attitude" about life in general - but for the first time I'm really beginning to wonder...will it?

And for the first time in forever I feel financially challanged.

Alot of it has to do with the output for my son and his acting.

Having found a new magnificent agent and agency to represent him, I thought all the hard work was done - boy was I wrong!

Ninna has us hopping!

It all started with the fact that my son's current zed card pictures were to put it midly "inadequate".

I've known for a while that the pictures didn't really look anything like he did - one even made my blonde boy look like he had red hair...yikes!

Knowing this and fixing this are two different worlds though, first up was finding a new photographer to take my sons pictures.

Which we did in Shandon Youngclaus. He is an LA photographer who I would recommend to anyone in the entertainment business who is needing headshots. http://www.amazingheadshots.com/

He was very good with my son and has a really good eye and ability for getting the picture and if you want fast...this is the place http://www.argentum.com/

Shadon's studio uploads the pictures to them and i don't know if this is the norm or not, but I had the viewing proofs emailed to me that very night!

283 in all...whew! The best surprise though was that, with very few exceptions, they were amazing!

Hoping Ninna would feel the same way I sent the link to her and she narrowed down her favorites to 46 pics - which I then had to order on line in 4 x 6.

These 4x6's I then took up to LA for Ninna to whittle down even more.

Who knew that just the picture process could be so time consuming.

I look daily to try and find that one elusive job that will fit all the niches required to make it workable for all the obligations we've put on our platter now with the acting.

I'm still writing daily on my book and have progressed little by little. It's weird...I have the whole outline on paper but still manage to get writers block.

I've neglected my fan fiction horribly and feel so bad because it already has a reading audience, but it just doesn't pay the bills.

With the resolution of the writers strike looming on the horizon it promises to get busy, busy, busy around the house with auditions and hopefully actual acting gigs.

Let's cross our fingers for the boy X0x0

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.